lunes, 28 de abril de 2008

First class

I just had have my first lesson at Fudan HIgh School affiliated to Fudan University and I must say that my class was good because of the people that I have there.
Here we have a very good classroom, with a computer there and a video beam. We also have an office here, quite big for us and there is a huge table with a lot of chairs, a board and internet connection, this one sometimes is slowly and doesn’t open a lot of websites, but so far its ok.
The students are interested in the topic of sustainable development and they have very good English and most of them aren’t afraid to speak English aloud. Some of them are so participative and have a lot energy, it’s no difficult to make them discuss and to do the things that I ask for, I enjoy listening them, I think that they are very intelligent and have good ideas and is always a good thing that most of them can expresses themselves in a very good English.
The only thing that sometimes is difficult to handle is that they are whispering but I think that it could be because of the language of because the speech isn’t interesting anymore so depends of the teacher to change the dynamic.
I wonder to have more information about sustainable development and I could be a better teacher, I also want to have more teaching skills but I think that I have good presentation skills even in this moments when my English isn’t so good, but so far I think that they can understand me and I always can understand what they are saying. You can learn a lot just talking with people and sharing with the students, you just need to be open to them.
Summary I like teaching and I want in the future to teach topics related with what I do, (that so far is to be a lawyer) to university students.

No hay comentarios: